Budokan Development Associate
Job Title: Budokan Development Associate
Supervisor: Budokan Capital Campaign Director
Employment Status: Full-time (1.0 fte) for an 18-month term, with the possibility of an extension
Salary & Benefits: DOE; full benefits package
Summary of Responsibilities: The Budokan Development Associate will be an employee of Little Tokyo Service Center (LTSC) and will play a key role in the Budokan capital campaign. (Please review our website for background and current status of project.) He/She will work closely with the Budokan campaign team and LTSC’s development team to cultivate and steward donors through multiple outreach efforts including individual donors, events and outreach efforts. The Budokan Development Associate will also provide general support to the overall campaign targeting primarily Japanese American and APA communities. Some of the tasks will include, but are not limited to the following:
Capital Campaign Fund Development
- Work with the Budokan team and other LTSC staff to develop goals and implementation steps for a community gifts campaign (donors of $10,000 & under). Communty gifts efforts include, but are not limited to, direct mail, email, peer-to-peer, social media and events.
- Assist in executing the Budokan campaign’s digital outreach efforts including, but not limited to maintaining Budokan’s website and social media pages.
- Actively build relationships and create awareness through outreach events, community meetings, management of volunteers and involvement in targeted sports communities.
- Actively participate in community fundraising efforts.
Capital Campaign Administration
- Develop and maintain databases, documents, spreadsheets, calendars and other records to assist in the organization of the capital campaign.
- Assist in the processing of donations, donor recognition and other information.
- Assist in the production and distribution of campaign materials.
- Actively participate in the Budokan team assignments and functions.
- Be able to contribute to the success of others (co-workers and volunteers) and learn from others.
- Be a positive-minded team player who can identify and execute new ideas and areas of opportunity.
- One year experience in fund development, event coordination or related work in nonprofit or community organization.
- Proficient in use of Mac computers and Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of Salesforce, Classy and Adobe products is a plus.
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to write, edit and proof documents.
- Excellent people skills, willingness to do public speaking and a team approach in the workplace.
- Work in a fast-paced environment with flexible schedule (evening or weekend hours may be required.) Mobility (driver’s license, insurance, access to vehicle, other modes of transportation) to attend off-site functions is a must.
- Knowledge of Japanese American community is a plus.
How to Apply:
Please submit a resume and a cover letter to mmurase@LTSC.org. Please review our website to learn more about the current status of the project. Visit www.LTSC.org for information about Little Tokyo Service Center.